Thursday, February 21, 2008
The snow is finally starting to melt! We have a couple feet outside right now and the roads are still covered in ice in most parts. It did start to warm up though, so we took the kids sledding a few days ago in Grandma & Grandpa Taggart's backyard. They have a hill that is just the right size for these guys. They loved it! Soon they "outgrew" the little hill and had to look for something more adventurous. They decided to try "The Dropoff" (a part in the hill where there's a big drop). We were hesitant to let them try, but they did it and felt pretty big. They were telling everyone they saw later that day that they had done The Dropoff. Most people didn't know what that meant, but they knew it must be something exciting, judging by their enthusiastic expressions. They're growing up!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
This past weekend Brooklyn got into some dark acrylic paint and spilled it all over our carpet! What a disaster! I did the best I could in my frantic state of mind to clean it up with whatever carpet cleaner I could find. Now after going through the whole process (and unfortunaltely with a small stain to show for it), I have some tips for anyone who has the same thing happen...
- Call a professional from the beginning (You'll save yourself a lot of time and stress!)
- Blot up as much as possible with paper towels, then moisten with water and keep blotting as long as the paint continues to come up.
- Mix a little dish soap with warm water, apply, and keep blotting.
- The best cleaning solution I could find is Sol-U-Mel, made by Melaleuca. It's amazing how much more paint we could get out with this even after a professional cleaner had come.
- The last tip is to remember that kids are more important than carpet and that their well-being is far more important than clean carpet!
After months of thinking about creating a family blog site and seeing all the cute sites of family and friends, we're finally joining the club. I've been hesitant because I am not always good at keeping up with things like this, but we will give it a try. We'll try to update it regulary. We're anxious to keep in touch better with all of you.