Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cleaning Tips

This past weekend Brooklyn got into some dark acrylic paint and spilled it all over our carpet! What a disaster! I did the best I could in my frantic state of mind to clean it up with whatever carpet cleaner I could find. Now after going through the whole process (and unfortunaltely with a small stain to show for it), I have some tips for anyone who has the same thing happen...
  • Call a professional from the beginning (You'll save yourself a lot of time and stress!)
  • Blot up as much as possible with paper towels, then moisten with water and keep blotting as long as the paint continues to come up.
  • Mix a little dish soap with warm water, apply, and keep blotting.
  • The best cleaning solution I could find is Sol-U-Mel, made by Melaleuca. It's amazing how much more paint we could get out with this even after a professional cleaner had come.
  • The last tip is to remember that kids are more important than carpet and that their well-being is far more important than clean carpet!

No comments: