Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our Trip

We went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago to celebrate our 8th anniversary. This was the first time we left Brooklyn. The kids all stayed with Grandma & Grandpa Stott. We had a lot of fun on our trip. It was the getting there that was the challenge. The day before we left we were running errands. As we pulled into the garage Logan told me that his tongue hurt. He showed me the chocolate he had just eaten and, sure enough, it had cashews (which he is allergic to). Only a few seconds later he was throwing up in the car. Yuck! He spent the rest of the day recovering.

The next day we were in the car, ready to leave, and wouldn't you know it...the battery was dead, for no apparent reason. We jump started the car and were on our way. We drove to Salt Lake, where my parents live, and spent the night there before Brandon and I flew out the next morning. About an hour before leaving for the airport I couldn't find my keys anywhere. I searched everywhere. In desperation I finally called a locksmith to unlock the car so I could get my things out. Right after he left I found the keys (of course!) burried in the diaper bag. Brooklyn had hidden them in there!

Once we finally got to Vegas we had a great time. We stayed in Mandalay Bay, which has a sandy beach and a wave pool. We spent a lot of time basking in the sun. We also went to some fun shows--Danny Gans, who is an impersonator, and "O" Cirque del Soilel. Both shows were amazing! We went on a gondola ride and toured the M&M store, ate crepes and gelato, and had fun just walking around. We were sure glad we didn't have the kids there, though. We couldn't look anywhere without seeing scantilly clad people on billboards or walking around. It made us appreciate our sheltered little corner of the world. We were excited to get back to the kids after a few days. We spent some time with the family at a condo in Park City, then headed back home.

6 comments:

Buffy said...

Cynthia,
Your blog is cute - it is fun to hear the cute little everyday stories.

We are the Mayletts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We are the Mayletts said...

Hey Cynthia...your trip reminded me of all the good luck we had on our trip to yellowstone. That reminds me have you seen our Ford around town? I'm glad your trip ended well!

Belnap Family said...

Vegas is fun, but there is a lot of smut. Sounds nice to get away from the kids though!!

It would be really easy to do your blog. Just find some cute free digital scrapbook papers online and decide what colors you want and stuff. Then you can come over and I'll show you how to put them on the page!! I'll call you.

Kelly said...

What a fun trip! I really want to see a Cirque du Soleil production sometime! There is so much fun stuff to do there.

MadMadameMim said...

despite your departure it sounds like you guys had a good trip. It is always nice to get a little break from the kids, I'm glad you had a good time.