Thursday, August 7, 2008

She's Growing Up!

Brooklyn went to her first friend birthday party today. The boys and I stayed so she wasn't on her own. All the kids swam and played in the dirt/mud. Anything messy and they have a blast! They even had cupcakes. Good thing we were outside! The boys weren't sure about eating on the princess plates. Logan said, "Do you think they have any boy plates?"

Brooklyn is so brave when it comes to water that she just climbed head first into the water and got stuck on the edge of the pool with her head under water for a few seconds, giving me a scare! We got her up and she seemed unphased by the whole thing. Later as we were eating cupcakes I could tell that she was tired. She kept nodding off, then waking up to take another bite of cupcake. Finally, the sleep won out and she was there on my lap with pink frosting all over her face and hands. It would have made a great picture! All that fun wore her out.

2 comments:

Belnap Family said...

I wish I would have taken a picture of her asleep on you. She looked so cute! It was fun to have you guys come! That's funny about your boys and the princess plates...I wish I would have known, we have boy plates too!

We are the Mayletts said...

We miss you guys! Visit soon. I love the mosquito bite pic. (not that he's hurt) it's cute. Cute family. Love youguys