Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Little Miss Independent

At 20 months, Brooklyn already thinks she can do it all. Once she gets something in her mind, there's no changing it! We went to Target yesterday and I decided to buy her some new shirts. I showed her what I had picked out and she took off her shirt right there and was determined to wear a new one. She even took out her bow! I tried to put her shirt back on and she threw a fit, much to the chagrin of all the mothers passing by. We then went to Michael's and while I was checking out at the register, she was determined to leave. I kept telling her to come back, but she went through the first set of double doors while I was in the middle of paying. She stopped to look at the Halloween decorations and just as I approached her she put her hand in an empty Halloween candy bowl. Suddenly a skeleton hand emerged from the bowl and she ran away screaming! I picked her up and brought her back to show her what it was. I put my hand in the bowl, thinking that seeing it the second time would be funny to her rather than scary. I was wrong! She cried and pulled away as fast as she could. It was hilarious! I decided that maybe next time she'll think twice before going off on her own again...Wishful thinking.

6 comments:

Buffy said...

That is so funny - she is too cute! Those candy bowls still scare my boys! :)

Angela said...

What a little cutie! Isn't is crazy how fast they get a mind of their own and decide that they know best!

Julie Loftus said...

She is so fun! I think it's cute how she's so friendly. Thanks for inviting us to the park today! It was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny!

Slim said...

What a cute family! The kids are all growing up so fast. Glad you found us -- it will be fun to keep in touch this way! I will let Slyck know where you are so he can catch up too.

Perkins said...

I can't blame her those candy bowls freak me out too. It is good to be a girl and know what you want. I am sure the frustrating moments will one day pay off and you will be so proud. At least that is what I tell my self.